Okay, here comes the first section of my work on the Luna Lion Hat. I began with the earflap hat shell that goes underneath the lion. Here’s a picture…
I used a basic shell increase until the earflaps. I have a 22.5 inch head, but I’m not good at sizing so I just kept pulling it on my head until it seemed right. My hair kind of billows out underneath, so I hope the blond wig will fit under there. I assume it will. My head will be pretty warm, I imagine.
Anyway, I made the hat out of Red Heart Super Saver yarn in gold. Some yarn crafters come down pretty hard on RHSS for its supposed acrylic plastic-y feel. I’ve never noticed this, but it wouldn’t be an issue on this project either way. People won’t actually be seeing much of the hat. It’s mostly just something to set the formation of the lion on top of. I don’t really have much left to say about this. The hat was most likely the simplest part of this project as a whole.
I need to go buy balloons.